Scholarships from the Australian Government’s Research Training Program are available to help international students to have a Higher Degree by research at Flinders University.
In addition to a living stipend, the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship provides Overseas Medical Insurance.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship is a Commonwealth-sponsored scholarship for visa purposes. Continue reading to learn more about the scholarship, including its value, who is eligible to apply, and how to apply.
Every year, the Australian Government Research Training Program offers a small number of extremely competitive scholarships (up to five in total).
In order to be eligible for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship, applicants must exhibit an outstanding ability for independent research.
Based on academic merit, academic research training, and performance indicators, the scholarship is given. The scholarship can be used for a Research Doctorate for up to three years and a Research Master’s degree for up to two years at the most.
Successful candidates must start a higher degree by research in Australia full-time. Flinders Institution is an Adelaide-based public research university.
The institution was named for British sailor Matthew Flinders, who discovered South Australia’s coast in the early 19th century.
Flinders University is a verdant one and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group.
Academically, the institution adopted a multidisciplinary approach to teaching, and its medical and humanities faculties have been ranked among the top ten in the country.
Worth of Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Research Training Program Scholarship recipients receive a monthly stipend of $28,854 per year, which is tax-free (2022 full-time rate). You should be aware that the scholarship also offers four years of free tuition in the form of a Research Training Program (RTP).
- An establishment payment of up to $1,485 is available to students who relocate to Adelaide from overseas, providing receipts can be shown by the student upon arrival at Flinders University.
Eligibility for Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Only nationals of countries other than New Zealand are eligible for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship. You must not have Australian citizenship or Australian permanent residency status, or New Zealand citizenship in order to be eligible.
- As a condition of the award, you must intend to begin full-time studies for a higher degree by research in Australia this year. Candidates who started a higher degree by research in the previous year but were unable to apply for a scholarship because of the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment may still be eligible for the scholarship if they have completed six months of their enrolment.
- An area of research specialization in which the University has a particular strength, concentrated its research resources, and garnered external financing, is required for all aspiring PhD students.
- If you want to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet all of the requirements for admission to a doctoral program, including the English language competence levels set forth in the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
How to Apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
- Your Student ID from registration and your date of birth are required to activate your account and submit an application for the scholarship.: https://activate.flinders.edu.au/main
- Flinders Authentication Name (FAN): You can now apply for the worldwide HDR scholarship group after activating your account.
- As a result, you can access your OKTA dashboard using the Flinders website’s quick links.
Select Student System
Select the My Scholarship tab
Select the Create a new scholarship application button
Select 2023 from the search and select the International RHD Scholarship Group
Note that if you have studied at Flinders University but graduated more than 12 months ago you will need to reactive your FAN through the FAN reactivation page. With an active FAN, you will then be able to submit your application for a scholarship through the Student Information System as advised above.
a FAN of yours Your first name, last name, date of birth, and student ID can all be entered into the FAN reactivation page to get your account back up and running. If you input your student ID, the system will be able to better identify you.
Your application will be evaluated once it has been fully completed, including all required questions and supporting paperwork. The evaluation process will commence as soon as applications are closed.
For more information about the scholarship and to apply, click here.
Application Deadline for Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship
The application deadline for the scholarship is August 5, 2022.