The Hokkaido University in Japan is one of the Japanese universities that offer international students scholarships and fellowships. The university has announced its full Presidents Fellowship for the 2023/24 academic session, and interested students from around the world are invited to apply for the fellowship programme. Applicants do not need to bother about the IELTS/TOFEL score or knowledge of Japanese language.
All the academic fields and majors Hokkaido University offer at the postgraduate are open for all eligible applicants. Applicants can submit the English Proficiency Certificate from their universities. It’s a full scholarship award, so, it will cover all the educational expenses.
Funded Destination Australia Scholarships at CQ University in Australia 2023
UNESCO Internship Programme Students and Fresh Graduates 2022/2023
Full Motorsport Engineering Scholarships at Cranfield University in the UK 2023
Partial Scholarship at Massey University, New Zealand 2023
Hokkaido University was founded 146 years ago in Hokkaido, Japan. The university is one of the best universities in Japan and it’s been ranked high by many university-ranking organizations including QS ranking on different occasions. Japan is the home of quality education. Therefore, this is a great opportunity for all students from all over the world who want to be great.
About Hokkaido University Presidents Fellowship
• Host university: Hokkaido University, Japan
• Programme level: Master’s & PhD
Eligible nationality: International
Award country: Japan
• Scholarship award type: Full scholarship
• Application deadline: January 6, 2023
Scholarship Financial Perks
• The selected candidates will be offered 2,300,000 yen in the 1st year and 1,800,000 yen in the 2nd year which will cover the below:
• Application fees
• Enrollment fees
• Complete tuition fees
• Monthly stipend
• Research students will be offered an extra 70,000 yen, etc
Duration of Fellowship Programme
• Master’s programme — 2 years
• Professional programme (Accounting and Public Policy) — 2 years
• Professional programme (Law) —3 years
PhD Degree — 3 years
• PhD programme in Dentistry, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Infectious Diseases, or Clinical Pharmacy — 4 years
Documents Required for Hokkaido University Presidents Fellowship
• A completed Application for Hokkaido University Presidents Fellowship.
• Applicants who want to pursue PhD degree must submit Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees transcripts.
• Applicants should get a Consent Letter from their prospective supervisor.
• Applicant’s university’s president must present an Official Candidacy Letter to the President of HU.
• Applicants should submit a Recommendation Letter collected from supervisor at their universities.
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
• Interested applicants who are already students of Hokkaido University cannot apply for the fellowship programme.
• Interested applicants must be self-supporting, and not undertaking other fellowships or scholarships when applying for the Hokkaido University fellowship programme.
• Interested applicants who are in the top 25% in the class of Home University are advised to apply for the fellowship award.
• Interested applicants who present an evidence signed by President of the university are eligible to apply.
Application Process for Hokkaido University Presidents Fellowship
• All applicants are to upload the above documents.
• All applicants are to submit their applications online. Below is the application link.
The fellowship programme is for outstanding international students and the benefits are for everyone shortlisted student.