2022/2023 Scotiabank Scholarships at George Brown College in Canada. The application process for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships at George Brown College is currently open. In this post, we’ll cover the scholarship, its worth, requirements, and application procedure.
A public college of applied arts and technology with three locations in downtown Toronto (Ontario, Canada), George Brown College is a fully accredited institution open to the public.
The government of Ontario leased GBC in 1966 and it opened the following year, as was the case with many other colleges in the province.
Among the more than 160 full-time programs offered by George Brown are art and design, business and community services, early childhood education, construction and engineering technologies, health and hospitality, preparatory studies, as well as dedicated programs for recent immigrants and international students.
2022/2023 Scotiabank Scholarships at George Brown College in Canada.
In 1967, as part of Ontario’s new community college system, the college was created. On May 21, 1965, the first Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology were formed.
One of Canada’s most prominent 19th-century politicians and newspaper publishers, George Brown launched the Toronto Globe, which later became The Globe and Mail.
The Provincial Institute of Trades (PIT), which served as a forerunner to the college, was established in 1951 to train workers on behalf of the provincial Department of Labor.
At 21 Nassau Street in Toronto’s Kensington Market, the PIT first opened its doors to students in 1952. By 1961, the school had added two more buildings to its campus and offered courses in lathe and structural steel fabrication, barbering, diesel mechanics, jewelry design, watchmaking, and welding.
Province created a training institute at 555 Davenport Road (near Casa Loma) in 1962 called Provincial Institute of Trades and Occupations (PITO). 2022/2023 Scotiabank Scholarships at George Brown College in Canada.
The George, a student residence at George Brown College, was inaugurated in 2016. Before George Brown bought it, the building at 80 Cooperage St. E., near Cherry and Front streets in Toronto’s Distillery District, was part of the 2015 Pan American/Parapan American Games Athletes Village.
The Lucie and Thornton Blackburn Conference Center is also located within the structure. They helped build Toronto’s first taxi company, the Little Trinity Anglican Church, and engaged on anti-slavery campaigns while also absconding from slavery.
The facility bears their names. Student-created murals in the conference center tell their tale. 2022/2023 Scotiabank Scholarships at George Brown College in Canada.
- Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship 2023 in New Zealand
- Khazar University International Scholarship 2023 in Azerbaijan
- Oxford University Rhodes Scholarships 2023 for International Students
- Central European University Scholarships program for 2023
- Singapore Government Scholarships 2023 in Singapore (Fully Funded):
Both PIT and PITO were taken over by George Brown College when it was formed in 1967.
The two institutes’ previous facilities were used to open the Kensington and Casa Loma campuses of George Brown College. It was also a third campus at 507 College Street where George Brown College took in four former Toronto Board of Education Adult Education Centers as well as five Toronto-area Schools of Nursing in 1973: St. Joseph’s, Toronto General Hospital (TGH), Atkinson (Toronto Western Hospital), and Nightingale.
A new Casa Loma facility was opened in 1973. Buildings formerly belonging to Christie Bakery and Hallmark Cards were used for the St. James Campus in 1976. 2022/2023 Scotiabank Scholarships at George Brown College in Canada.
When the St. James Campus opened its Hospitality building (300 Adelaide E.) in 1987, the College Street Campus shut down.
In 1994, Kensington Campus was closed for good.
Value of the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships
Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships winners will earn $5,000.
READ ALSO: University of Western Australia Scholarships
Requirement for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships
- Candidates for Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships must be international students from one of the partner universities and possess a valid Study License in Canada. This is a requirement of the scholarship.
- Candidates for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships must be enrolled in the first semester of a full-time post-secondary program at the College.
- Candidates for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships must be newly admitted students in a university post-secondary program.
- Scholarship applicants must have a stellar academic record in order to be considered for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships program.
- This scholarship is open only to students who have participated in or demonstrated leadership in activities that benefited their peers and their educational community.
- Applicants for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships must have been accepted and be listed in a post-secondary program at the College in order to be eligible for the scholarship..
- A minimum GPA of 3.5 must be maintained and at least one semester completed.
How to Apply for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships
Are you interested and qualified? Kindly go to the link below to apply.
Application Deadline for the Scotiabank International Partner Entrance Scholarships
The application deadline for this scholarship is not specific but the application is currently ongoing.