The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship is available to African students who are enrolled in an English-language program at the University of Ottawa.
As a condition for receiving the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship, applicants must be international students from African countries who have been accepted into one of the university’s undergraduate programs for the Fall 2022 term (September start date) or later with an admission average of at least 80% and who are enrolled in one of the programs listed below.
Depending on the scholarship program, this significant financial contribution lowers students’ annual tuition costs by $17,500 to $25,000 for excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship.
To obtain the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship, students must meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, it will be deducted straight from their tuition costs.
The admission and excellence scholarship will cover a portion of the cost of university tuition for entering students for a period of four years.
The Institution of Ottawa is a public research university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, that teaches students in a variety of languages. Ottawa’s downtown core is home to the university’s main campus, which has an area of 105 acres (42.25 ha) and borders the Sandy Hill residential district and the Rideau Canal.
- Full Scholarship Awards at University of Tasmania in Australia 2023
- University of Tokyo Fully funded Internship Programme in Japan 2023
- How to get IT jobs in Germany: Best Guide 2022/2023
- Queen Elizabeth Full Scholarship Award For 2023
- Liverpool John Moores University Partially funded Postgraduate Scholarships 2023
Founded in 1848, the College of Bytown was first established by Joseph-Bruno Guigues, the bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa at the time.
The College of Ottawa was renamed in 1861 and granted university status by royal charter five years later after it was taken over by the Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
The Pontifical University of Ottawa was established on February 5, 1889, when Pope Leo XIII awarded the university a superior charter.
A new corporate structure was established for the institution on July 1, 1965, making it independent of any outside bodies or religious organizations. This led to a new Saint Paul University federation with a new civil and pontifical charter for the university.
While the remaining civil faculty remained in the reconstituted institution.
This university is also the world’s largest English-French bilingual institution.
Programs are offered by 10 academic departments, including those in medicine and law, business administration and social sciences; and the university’s ten faculties are referred to as “faculty,” “school,” or “institute.”
Worth of University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students
The University of Ottawa Entrance Award is a four-year scholarship that will partially cover the cost of university tuition for new students.
Eligibility for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students
- At the time of their enrollment, all students who are eligible for this award will be informed of their eligibility. The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship does not require an application, however recipients will be required to provide proof of citizenship from an African country or territory before receiving their first payments of funding.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, you must be a foreign student with a current study permission from your country of origin.
- Citizenship of one of the African countries is required.
- The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship is open to freshly admitted engineering students alone. All programs except the Honors BSc in Biochemistry/BSc in Chemical Engineering, the Honors BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering, and the Honors BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology are in the social sciences.
- These include Sociology, Anthropology, International Development and Globalization, Conflict Studies, and Public Administration.
- It is necessary to be enrolled full-time and have an admission average of 89.99 percent or below on our grading scale in order to be eligible for the University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship.
- In contrast, to be eligible for the Excellence Scholarship, you must have a grade point average of at least 90 percent on your official college transcripts.
How to Apply for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarship for African Students
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is March 31, 2022
To learn more about the scholarship and submit an application, please visit the website.
You can also apply via