Eira Francis Davies Scholarship applications are open for September 2022. This article explains the scholarship’s worth, eligibility, and application process.
One meritorious female student is awarded a full-tuition scholarship each academic year. The award is open to nationals and/or residents of developing countries.
Swansea Institution is a public research university in Swansea, Wales. University College of Swansea was formed in 1920 as the university’s fourth college. After structural changes, UW Swansea changed its name in 1996.
The University of Wales officially became Swansea University on September 1, 2007. Ex-members became universities.
Swansea University has two campuses and eight colleges on Swansea Bay. Singleton Park Campus lies west of Swansea’s downtown. The £450 million Bay Campus opened in September 2015 on Jersey Marine Beach east of Swansea.
This is Wales’ third-largest university. Swansea University offers 330 undergraduate programs and 120 postgraduate courses to 20,375 students.
Swansea University College opened on October 5, 1920. When founded, it was the youngest of the University of Wales’ four colleges. 1916 Royal Commission suggested its creation. The institution was established on community and industry needs.
King George V founded Swansea University in July 1920, welcoming 89 students, eight of them women. College begins with science, math, metallurgy, and engineering.
The College of Heralds authorized the institution’s coat of arms in 1921 with the motto “technical skill without culture.” Arts classes began in 1921–1922, not 1920.
In 1925, Swansea University had departments of philosophy, German, economics, social policy, political theory, and government (in 1954). Russian and East European Studies was founded in 1961, while Italian and Spanish followed the next year.
Worth of Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
The Eira Francis Davies Grant provides a full scholarship to one female student each academic year.
Eligibility for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
- Female nationals of EFD Eligible Countries are eligible to apply for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of at least 2.00.
- A formal acceptance of a full-time, postgraduate, taught Master’s degree at Swansea University for September 2022 entrance is required.
- Medical Science (Clinical Biochemistry) and Medical Science (Clinical Microbiology) are MSc degrees that can be applied to a wide range of careers in the healthcare industry. The programs are also available in the fields of clinical psychology and mental health, cognitive neuroscience, genomic medicine and healthcare management, among others.
- Candidates for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship must be Swansea University freshmen in the fall of 2022 in order to be considered.
- You should not obtain any further financial assistance, such as financial aid for your education.
How to Apply for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
The Application Deadline for the scholarship is May 29, 2022.
To learn more about the scholarship and to apply, please visit this link